2014 was a great year. If I had to pick a highlight, I’m not sure I could narrow it down to just one. And that is a great problem to have. I started a fantastic graduate program, traveled to Ireland by myself for 12 days, met a great guy, set PRs at almost every distance (10k, half marathon, and marathon), and qualified for the Boston Marathon! I’d call it a great year.
2015 is full of big dreams and I am so looking forward to it. Boston is in April, I’m hoping to travel somewhere exciting this summer, and I should graduate in the fall.
I did not make any resolutions for this year; rather, I made goals.
In 2015, I plan to:
1. Run a sub-3:28 marathon, ideally at Boston. It’s a totally random, totally arbitrary time goal, but it sounds like a good time, so I’m gonna go with it. I am basing my training plan on the one provided on the BAA website with the addition of Crossfit and a few other minor tweaks.
2. Run a sub-1:40 half marathon. I’m aiming for a race in August.
3. Do a pull-up. Just one. Seriously. I have yet to do a real pull-up. It’s both depressing and hilarious all at the same time. I would consider myself reasonably athletic and yet I cannot do a pull-up. I’d like to get this sooner rather than later, but marathoning is my priority right now, so it will be a summer project.
4. Graduate! I am on schedule to finish school in December. Which means that I will be defending my thesis in October. Which is both exciting and terrifying. And it means that I need to start reading and writing. A lot.
5. Travel somewhere exciting. Either this summer or right after I graduate. I think a vacation/adventure would be a great way to celebrate either my birthday (June) or my graduation (December). Or both. I would be okay with both.
6. Blog more consistently. The last 6 weeks have been nuts. Between end-of-semester projects, finals, holidays, and driving all over the state, I have been busy! I can count on one hand the number of times that I have slept in my own bed since Christmas. Not that I am upset about it at all. It’s been great fun and I loved every minute of it. But I also love cooking and running and blogging about it, so I am going to get back on a regular blogging schedule.
What are your goals for 2015?