I adore my slow cooker. It’s also a pressure cooker, but the slow cook function gets used way more often. It’s great for long days, it’s a nice way to avoid using the oven and heating up the house, and there are usually fewer dished to wash.
I’m not actually going to write an ode to my slow cooker. I’m not totally crazy. But it has been a life saver. I love coming home to dinner and there are few things as delicious as a slow-cooked roast or pulled pork.
I have this model. It was a birthday gift from my boyfriend and I don’t think he has ever gotten as much out of a gift that he bought for someone else.
Our lives will start getting more insane in a few weeks when school starts and I start my new big kid job and commute a little bit more. So it will be a lot more slow cooking and less time in the kitchen. Which is not a bad thing. I love being in the kitchen and cooking and being creative, but it’s also really nice to have those hours.
Here are my top 10 favorite slow cooker recipes that are always in rotation at my house:
- Braised Beef Ragu with Polenta
- Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Crockpot Coffee Ancho Chile Short Ribs
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Honey Ginger Apple Shredded Pork
- Slow Cooker Pork with Noodles (I use tamari or coconut aminos instead of the soy sauce and sometimes chicken instead of pork)
- Crockpot Chicken with Thai Peanut Sauce (Vegetarian/Vegan option)
- Slow Cooked BBQ Ribs
- Crockpot Sesame Honey Chicken
What is your favorite slow cooker recipe?